Sunday, May 24, 2015

Offense Taken

     Wow, this has been a long but interesting week. Got home from NYC and hit the floor running. Always busy it seems.

     I’d like to first start off by addressing something that comes from last week’s post. It seems I may have struck a nerve with some people on my opinion about those in the adult entertainment industry having outlandish wish lists or asking for money on GoFundMe for ‘frivolous’ things.

     It’s my opinion, and I have every right to feel that way. I will say,  most of the responses I've had have been more towards the way I think. I was a little surprised however when I was attacked by the one who I had the most recent issue with. I never thought I was even a tiny blip on their radar. Hey, no hair off my ass. I work for my money, and the money I have won't be going towards such ‘frivolous’ things.

     Hmm, now that’s interesting… I just had a vision of me winning the lottery. (here's where the mad rambling starts) I've always said that money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy a certain amount of freedom. What would I do with millions and millions of dollars?

     Let’s see… I would like to be secure financially, pay off some bills and travel. More than likely I'd give most of it away. I don’t need much. I’m really pretty simple when it comes right down to it. And lord only knows I have enough junk.

     I am pretty sure that I would set up a trust for the two charities that I am closest to. Both organizations work with homeless LGBT youth. It would be nice if they had big enough live-in facilities where no kid is sleeping on the streets and can have a decent meal. I've always been told that all a kid really needs is shelter, food and love. They can get all of that at these two places I hold dear to my heart.

     I've had an idea in the back of my mind the last couple of years of how I wish that there was a retirement village, community with assisted living, when needed, for gay elderly men. Is it just me, or do we seem to be forgetting those who have done the leg work for the rights that so many gay people have now? Anyway, I think I'd like to see that happen. 

     I'd also like to see music and the arts put back into schools. Maybe another trust in the name of my first music teacher so kids can have that same wonderful experience that I did as a kid. I loved orchestra and I'm sure it made me a better and more rounded person.

     Oh! A project that I've wanted to see happen for over twenty years! I'd love to start a charter school that revolved around food. I know for a fact that kids will eat most anything that they can grow.

     Did you know that there is not one subject that can't be taught when introduced as something relating to food?

     History: Tomatoes are native to Brazil and the Italians declared it the fruit of the devil.
     
     English/Spelling: Have to be able to write a menu and convey what it is you're cooking/growing in writing.
     
     Science: Baking is science based without a doubt.
     
     Math: Fractions would actually make sense and algebra has a practical use when you have to change recipes for however many people you're cooking for.
     
     Biology: Endosperm. Yep, enough said there I think.
     
     Economics: Do they even teach that anymore? Lord knows they need to!
     
     Social Studies: Did you know that there is a version of the taco in practically every civilization known?
     
    Foreign Language: Pfft, easy. When talking about food, you can get and keep most kids attention. How would you order Mac-n-Cheese in French, Spanish, and German?

     See, each subject and be centered around food, giving it a practical approach to learning. Has anyone ever heard a kid say, “What am I ever going to use this for?” If given a reason for learning about things, more than likely they'll pay attention.

     Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think so. I think kids are amazing little sponges, ready to soak up most anything, if presented in the right way.

     On the writing front: Yay, the latest, and biggest, installment of the Memories Series is almost finished. I've grown to love the Sutton family so much. However, there are two new characters that are screaming to have their story told. I am thinking that after the last installment of Memories, I’ll start with their story. I think you’ll love this couple. It is going to be fun getting to know them better.

     On a side note: This Memories book is just that, a book. It is longer than most novellas. LOL They won’t shut up!

     Now that I've just about gotten that done, I'll be returning my focus back onto My Hero: The Olympian. I know that people have been waiting for this book. But I am going to finally admit, I've been scared to death to write it.

     Why? Self-doubt mostly. Will people like it as much as the first one? Is it good enough? Am I doing the characters justice? I’m really trying to not let those things stand in the way of finishing it, but it isn’t easy. Also, it is HUGE. Almost twice the size of the first one and it isn't finished yet!

     While in New York City I got to know a young man that impressed me greatly. There are so many similarities in our lives that is quite scary. It was because of him that I was able to open up a WIP that I had set aside and whip out several chapters without even thinking about it. It flowed so well and so easily. I’m sure that when I am able to get back to it, it will all but finish itself. One of the main characters, who I thought would be the most damaged, is actually the one who is going to be the one who helps the other character the most. A complete flip from what I had initially thought. Stock up on tissues for this one. It will rip your heart out.

     Would you read a book that didn’t have sex in it? I often do. I don’t need to have sex in a book to make it appealing to me, I just need a good story. I happen to like writing sex scenes. Could I write a book without them? Hmm, I don't know. I’d like to think I could. I’m going to give it a try and see where it goes.

     In totally brain-flop direction… Why does everything I eat end up down the front of my shirt? Is it time for me to have to revert to having to wear a bib? I mean honestly, I've been feeding myself for decades without a hitch and now… what gives? Sheesh, as big as my mouth is you'd think I'd be able to hit that maw with a pitchfork it’s so damn big. Any recommendations on how to remove stains from shirts once they’ve already been washed? I'm seriously thinking of just carrying a bib around with me. –sigh—

     I'm ashamed to say, that I’ve not really done anything this week to help someone else. In my own defense, I’ve not gone anywhere. Once I got home, I’ve pretty much stayed home, enjoying being in my own bed and having the pups around. I’ll try and do better next week. I hang my head in shame.

     Y'all have a grrreat week.

     Max





1 comment:

  1. On the shirt stain issue - lots of known and "mystery" stains that show up after washing in our house these last few weeks. I find that reapplying Spray-and-Wash or shout to the stain, letting it sit then re washing often works. Sometimes it takes 3-4 washings but they often come out.
    Your creativity seems to be rebounding.

    ReplyDelete