Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Have Issues

     Okay, now I’m the first person to admit I have issues. I have issues when my toothbrush isn’t in the same place, facing the right direction. Weird? Uh, yeah. I have OCD, and I’ll be the first to admit it. There are just certain things that I have to have in place to keep me from going nuts. Alright, more nuts.

     I like to hang my clothes in a certain order. Like all long sleeved shirts together, and then organized by color. Oh, and by season. Same with the short sleeved ones. I even go so far as to keep the polo/golf type ones together. Did I mention they have to all be hanging in the same direction?


    The drawer where I keep the flatware? It is beautiful. All the forks on their sides, so I can count them, separated by size. Same with the spoons, except they don’t lay on their sides. Stupid spoons just won’t do that, damn it.

     All my spices and herbs are organized and yes, they are in alphabetical order.

     For the most part, I’m a fairly organized person. I like to be able to go and put my hands on things when I need them. What drives me nuts is when something isn’t where it is supposed to be. Usually, at any given time, I can almost always tell you where something is.

     Clutter is something that makes my eyes cross. I don’t have a lot of knick-knacks. As far as I’m concerned, they are mostly something else to dust, and I hate dusting. I’d rather clean ten toilets than have to dust.


     Did you know that I have a huge collection of teddy bears? Yep, I do. And never, not once, have I bought a teddy bear. I don’t know what it is, but people, for a while, thought I needed teddy bears. Why? I have no idea, but damn, I sure do have ‘em. Again, something that I have to clean. I do to admit, they do look cute on top of my armoire, but once or twice a year I have to throw them into the dryer with a damp towel and a bounce sheet to get the dust off ‘em. And please, do not send me anymore. I have more than enough!

And that isn't all of them!

     On a more serious note, I do have a few things that will simply turn me off. Betray me, or lie to me and it’s pretty much a done deal. Go behind my back, once, I may forgive, but I’ll never forget. Do it a second time, and you and I are done. It happened to me recently. It hurt like hell. But, that is just something that I won’t tolerate.

     My personal opinion is that if that a person will do that to you; they really aren’t that much of a friend and surely can’t be trusted. Trust is a biggie. If I can’t trust you, why would I let you into my life? Just doesn’t make sense to me. I can overlook a lot of things, that isn’t one of them.

     Why on earth do people continue to keep giving others second, third, fourth, fifth chances is beyond me. It will only hurt them in the end. There are sometimes when you just have to call a spade a spade and move on. It might hurt, but it will be a lot less hurt than further down the road. And trust me, that’s a lesson I learned the hard way. And yep, I’m hard-headed enough to have done it more than a few times.

     I know that I am truly bat-shit crazy. I fully understand that and acknowledge it. I really don’t have a problem with it. Of course that means that most of my close friends are just as crazy. They’d have to be to put up with my nuttiness. I think it is that whole thing about birds of a feather, ya know?

     We all have our own idiosyncrasies. Many won’t admit they are crazy, like my friend Mo-mo. But trust me when I say, she’s just as nuts as I am. To her I say: “Come into the light. Crazy is fun!”

     Oh, while I’m thinking about it… Last week I asked for some help. It seems I still can’t get food to my flippin’ mouth anymore without dribbling it down the front of my shirt. Does anyone know of a way to get stains out of shirts that have already been washed? I have several shirts I’ve only worn one time and they now have stains. I hate that. I think I’m going to cry if I can’t get ‘em out. HELP!

     And why is it when you’re on a diet, you want everything that you aren’t supposed to have? I can go months, even years without craving something and the minute I try to lose weight, BAM, I’m wanting something so badly I can just taste it? I know it is probably some demon creature sitting on my shoulder saying, “Go on, eat it. It’ll be okay.” Ugh, I hate that crap. For a foodie like me, resistance just isn’t my strong suit.

     I so failed last night. Somehow a package of Tim Tams found its way into my bed. I have no idea how that happened. LOL

     What else…

     OH! I finally finished the last installment of the Memories Series. YAY! Good for me. So Memories – Spring Break should be out in a few weeks. Here's an FYI - The damn this is almost book-length! I didn't think these people would ever shut the hell up. I do love A.J. Corza. She’s once again put a cover together that is perfect.

     Speaking of covers… There was a photo shoot yesterday. While in New York City, I was lucky enough to meet a young man who will be perfect for a book that I’ve started. He agreed to be on the cover. I have to say, this guy has really impressed me. I can't wait to see what he came up with!

     With all the shit he’s been through, he has a great attitude. He has so impressed me that I think I may actually do an extra blog post dedicated to him. So keep an eye out for that. I really think that his story is one that needs to be told. I feel that y’all will be just as impressed as I am. With all the crap he has dealt with in his short life, he always finds a way to give back.

     Speaking of giving back… I actually was able to do a few nice things this week for a few people. It wasn’t much, but I saw a need and lent a hand. What about you? Have you done something this week that helped someone? Hmmm? 

     Okay, that’s all I have for this week. Have a grrreat week, y’all.

     Max
Such Talent





No comments:

Post a Comment