Sunday, December 18, 2016

I Sit and Ramble... Again

     So… here I sit once again staring at a blank page wondering what the hell I’m supposed to say. I guess I’m going to just do what I do under such circumstances… ramble.

     Forlorn?...
     I have a neighbor who is a bartender in an upscale restaurant not far from here. When I have to get up in the middle of the night to run to the bathroom, I can often see her just coming in from work or see her moving about, long after midnight. The other night, in the wee hours of the morning, she came in with a friend in tow.
     It reminded me of the days, when I was close to her age, dragging my ass in from having bar-hopped after work. There had been times when I also would drag a friend home to keep them from driving drunk as a skunk. Those were great times, as I remember through the alcohol induced fog.
     There was/is a slight pang of want there. I miss the kitchen. I miss of the closeness of working with others who understand the stresses of the job, the comradeship of your coworkers, the letting loose after a long hard night. Yeah… there is a certain intimacy when you work in a professional restaurant. There are bonds that form that you just don’t find anywhere else. And yes, I do miss that. I miss it a lot. Honestly, I’d still be doing it if my body hadn’t decided to fall apart. This whole growing old thing is a bitch, not to mention painful.
     OCD and…
     To be honest, I’ve never really hid the fact that I have OCD. I’ve always had it but as I grow older (seems to be a theme here), it does seem to be getting worse. TAT has pointed out that there are certain things she won’t even attempt to do because she knows it won’t be the way that I want it. It isn’t like I really make a fuss about it… okay, not much of one… I hope, but there are some things that just drive me bonkers. And yes, I do realize that is a very short drive, but it does send me there.
     I want my socks to be folded a certain way and they are, of course, color coordinated and they have to all be facing the same way in the drawer. My toothbrush goes in the same place and faces the same way each and every day. I place the cutlery in the drawer, lined up neatly like little soldiers ready for battle. Whenever I set the table, the plates have to all be facing the right way, each one exactly the same as the other. Napkins have to be just so too. Yeah, I have it bad. Even the remote control has to be facing the right way, in the same spot too. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s just the way I am. Don’t even get me started on the linen closet!
     But something has changed a bit. I’ve started to ignore clutter, which would usually send me over the edge like a mad woman wielding a machete. Not quite sure why. Okay, that’s a lie. TAT is a clutter-bug and I think I’ve gotten used to it… or not. In all actuality, I think I’ve just gotten lazy. Of course, now that I’ve realized what it is that is going on, it’s probably going to start driving me nuts. Better watch out TAT… I might just go on a house cleaning tear!
     Did you know…
     Confession time: I’m an idiot when it comes to technology. Oh, and I have zero patience for it. If I can’t get it to work, it is all I can do to keep from throwing out the back door. I recently had to get a new phone. I got the new iPhone 7 Plus, mainly because it has a really super nice camera. Yep, that was the primary reason. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get the photos off the stupid phone and onto my computer. Grrr… that so pisses me off. I finally relented and let TAT take over to get it done. She figured it out so all is good now. The downside to all that is I have to rely on her to do it.
     That leads me to my website, which is sorely in need of attention. There is so much updating to be done on it, it isn’t even funny. I hope to have that remedied in the near future. We’ll see how that goes.
     Tis the season…
     Yeah, yeah… bah humbug. I didn’t get my fun sweater that I wanted. I went so far as to see if it came in a T-shirt version, but it didn’t. As I sit here, at 7 a.m., it is a balmy 70F and humid as fuck. Good thing I didn’t get it I suppose. But it was so perfect for me. I do love a good pole dancer, and… well I really wanted it. Maybe next year they’ll come out with a T-shirt version.
     I really need to find a decent strip club. I miss that.
     While I’m talking about the season…
     Have you ever heard that it is better to give than to receive? I truly believe that. Believe it or not, it doesn’t have to cost you monetarily either. Giving of your time is… more genuine if you ask me. There are so many people who just need someone to talk to sometimes.
     I became acutely aware of this recently. Poor TAT has some man nearly talk her ear off one day. The guy was lonely. Of course she got to hear his life story, and since he was quite elderly, it was a long story. Something for y’all to think about maybe? Just take the time to listen to someone. It won’t hurt ya and you might even rack up some of them good Karma Coins.
     ‘Bout all I’ve got for now. Have a grrreat week, y’all.
     Max



No comments:

Post a Comment