Sunday, September 18, 2016

Home Sweet Home


     So… where to begin? So much has gone on in the last few weeks, it seems to be all a blur, or I’m still recovering from the flight from Australia. I have a feeling that this may be a bit of a mish-mash of ramblings…

I really need a houseboy!

     I arrived back from AU to no internet. Yeah, well I wasn’t happy. I’ve had so much trouble with Century Link that I basically told them to shove it and went with another provider. Took a few days, but I’m back online and connected to the world. To be honest, I didn’t miss it all that much. What I did miss was not having my music. Yeah, that’s pretty sad.
     Then, I went to pick up my dogs from my friend James. Yeah, that was a challenge. I picked the day to go up just as hurricane Hermine zeroed in on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Yep, I drove right through it on the way home. I swear it was like someone was pouring piss out of a boot the rain was so heavy. Took me twice as long to get home as I was anticipating, but I got there. Oh, did I mention that my alternator went out on my car just as I got back on the road coming home? Had that not happened, I might have missed the worst of it.
     At home, all safe and sound, and then the remnants of the storm stirred up more storms, including a tornado. We lost a cell phone tower that night. So, I had no internet, no TV and no phone. Talk about total isolation. No worries, I have books!
     Now speaking of books…

     While I was sick in Australian, I read. I read a lot. I read a whole lot! Over the past month I estimate I read over thirty books. I read three books on the flight home alone. I’ve been home just a little over two weeks and I’ve read… oh… ten books. I’m a fast reader, what can I say? What’s wrong with that? I tend to pick up a book, good or bad, and I have to finish it. I have to read all of it. Rarely have I ever NOT finish a book. It is really bad when I have a good book and I can’t put it down. What happens? I end up staying up all night reading and then I’m hung over the next day from lack of sleep. Yeah, that’s not pretty, trust me.
     These last few days I’ve really been able to get a lot of writing done. That’s a real good thing since I am way behind for where I wanted to be. Oh well, it is what it is. At least I’m back at it, getting into my usual routine.
     What else…
      Oh, while I was cut off from the rest of the world, I cleaned house. I mean I really cleaned. One of those deep spring like cleanings. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to dust? If not… I really hate to dust. I would rather clean ten bathrooms rather than dust.

I really, really, really need a houseboy!

     The poor dogs didn’t know what was going on. The vacuum going, then the floor cleaner, had them running for their poor little lives. Furniture being moved around just about pushed them over the edge. Yeah, it was a serious cleaning. For the most part they hide under the dining room table, until I got to that point. Then they went to the bedroom. They stayed there until I got to the bedroom. Poor things. I was like I was chasing them through the house, cleaning.


     I’d really like to get one of those automatic floor vacuum thingys. You know what I’m talking about, the ones that unplug themselves and run on their own. Yeah, in Florida there is always sand and then the grass and stuff the dogs drag in, and of course, the dog hair, which is always an issue. If you have animals, it is just part of life. It would be really nice I think to not have to drag out the floor sucker a couple of times each week. It doesn’t help to have white tile floors either. Ugh… I hate white floors. Why anyone would put down a white floor is beyond me!

     Before you do…
     Hey, I know that the holiday season is coming up real soon. Have you signed up for Amazon’s Smile program? It is the program where you can get Amazon to donate to your favorite charity every time you order something. It really is a nice and easy way to give something back without digging into your own pocket. It is really easy to do. I still have Lost-n-Found of Atlanta as my primary charity. On top of my getting a little something on their wish list each month, each time I purchase something from Amazon, they get a little something else from me.
     So, before you start the bulk of your Christmas shopping, please consider signing up for this sweet deal. There are quite a few deserving charities listed, so it isn’t like anyone can’t find at least one to pick. What an easy way to get those Karma Coins rolling in, don’tcha’ think? I’ll even put a link up so you can find it easier.
Smile Charities by Amazon
     I guess that’s about all I have for this week. Be kind to one another and have a grrreat week, y’all.
     Max



1 comment:

  1. So glad you're home now! Practicing living off the grid .. hmmm.When you're done chasing your dogs .. err .. cleaning .. you can come & do my place .. hee hee. I'll go halfsies with you on the houseboy! 1/2 my place .. 1/2 your place. Missed your Sunday blog. Have a wonderful week Love from Alaska

    ReplyDelete